- If you have worked 10 years or completed 40 quarters and reported taxes, you may obtain part a premium free but will have to pay 148.50 for part b.
- If you have worked 30 – 39 quarters, you may acquire a part a for 279 plus the 148.50 monthly.
- If you have worked less than 30 quarters, then you will have to pay 471 plus 148.50
- SLMB: Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary: Helps Pay for $148.50 Part B Premium.
- SPAP: State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs: Helps Pay for Prescriptions $5.00 for Generic and $7.00 for the brand name.
LIS: Low-Income Subsidy: Helps pay for prescriptions making Generic $3.70 and $9.20 brand name.
- Social Security Card
- Medicare Card with Part A and B
- Drivers License or ID
- Initial Enrollment Period (IEP): This is when you first enroll in Medicare you may enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MAOEP): Runs from January 1st-March 31st. During this time you may change to another Medicare Advantage plan once.
- Special Election Period (SEP): If you qualify for LIS you may be able to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan. If you qualify for Medicaid, you may enroll in a Dual Special Need Plan which comes with additional benefits.
- Annual Enrollment Period (AEP): during this time, you may change your health insurance plan. This program runs from October 15th to December 7th
- Call any of our Medicare Advisor’s agents.
- Visit any of your 10 Locations where an agent could help you to the local office closest to you.
- If you have a smartphone we can also enroll you using our Medicare Advisors enrollment system
- Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period: This allows you to change to another Medicare Advantage Plan once from January 1st to March 31st.
- Annual Enrollment Period: This allows you to change your medicare advantage plan from October 15th to December 7th.
- By Creating a My Social Security Account
- Calling Social Security 1 (800) 772-1213
- You may call Social Security 1 (800) 772-1213
- You can go online SocialSecurity.gov to begin enrollment
- If your local office is currently open, you may visit and fill out an application in person
Here is a comparison chart between Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Supplemental Plans
Medicare Advantage Plan
Medicare Supplemental Plan
May Qualify for $0 Premium
Has a monthly Premium
Part D Coverage
Not covered with a supplemental plan
Routine dental, hearing, vision
Does not Cover
Part B Premium
Has to pay unless you qualify for extra help
Has to pay
Can Switch Plan
Two Times Per Year
One Period Change Allowed unless