The benefits covered by Humana Medicare Advantage plans are the same as those covered by Medicare Parts A and B, and you may even receive additional benefits, including coverage for dental and vision care.
Individuals who are eligible for Medicare can sign up for private insurance through Humana’s Medicare Advantage Plans. These plans, like all Medicare Advantage plans, give the same coverage as Original Medicare Parts A and B, and may also provide additional benefits, such as dental and vision care and other non-medical amenities. Keep reading to learn about the Humana Medicare Advantage plans.
Medical Benefits Under Humana Medicare Advantage Plans
According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, all Medicare Advantage plans provide both Part A and Part B coverage. Because of this, Medicare Advantage provides the same coverage for hospitals and doctor visits as Original Medicare. Humana Medicare Advantage plans, like many others, provide Medicare recipients with several advantages.
You might be eligible for these benefits from Humana, depending on the plan you choose:
- Assist with dental costs
- Optometric treatment
- Coverage for medications that are as comprehensive as, or even exceeds, that of Medicare Part D.
- Preventive services once a year are covered at no extra cost.
- Payment for some complementary and alternative treatments, such as acupuncture.
Humana does not offer a unified Medicare Advantage strategy. Instead, Humana caters to a variety of insurance sectors with a wide variety of plan options. Your actual benefits, then, will be contingent both on the type of plan you enroll in and the exact plans that are accessible to you in your location.
Health maintenance organization plans, preferred provider organization plans, private fee-for-service plans, and special needs plans are all types of Medicare Advantage plans that Humana offers (SNPs). To determine which Humana plan is best for you, you can enter your zip code into the website.
Find Medicare Plans in 3 Easy Steps
We can help get up to $0 monthly premium Medicare plans
Non-Medical Benefits Under Humana Medicare Advantage Plans
Long-term care, nutritious meals, and nonprescription medications are just some of the nonmedical necessities that aren’t covered by the original Medicare program. However, certain Medicare plans offered by Humana do.
Numerous Humana plans have the following benefits:
- A budget for nonprescription toiletries
- Individuals enrolled in a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan are eligible for a monthly food stipend of up to $75 to be spent at participating stores on nutritious options.
- Members who qualify, like those who are elderly or have recently returned from the hospital, can receive meal delivery services at their homes.
- Involvement in a fitness program that requires membership
- A First Aid Kit stocked with materials to help stop the spread of disease
- Telehealth, urgent care, and outpatient mental health services all have no out-of-pocket costs.
- Accessible healthcare provided in the comfort of one’s own home for qualified participants
Learn the qualifications for participation by reading the plan’s documentation. You may need to buy over-the-counter medications from a particular store or have a doctor certify that you require meal delivery to the house before you can receive some benefits.
Get Started Now
Are you curious about Medicare, Medigap policies, and Medicare Advantage programs? Please call Medicare ABC at +1 (877) 255-0284.