It’s time to shop & compare plans for 2022: Medicare insurance’s Open Enrollment is now – December 7. Review your Medicare health insurance and drug coverage insurance and compare it with other plans that may better meet your needs.
During Open Enrollment, you are able to make these changes for your 2022 insurance coverage:
- Change how you get your Medicare insurance coverage—Original Medicare insurance or a Medicare Advantage insurance Plan
- Switch Medicare Advantage insurance Plans (with or without drug insurance coverage)
- Join, switch, or drop a Medicare drug insurance plan
Review your options
Even if you’re satisfied with your current Medicare insurance coverage, it’s fetal to review your coverage options for 2022. Here are a few reasons why:
- Your needs may change. You may find you’re going to see the doctor more or less often, the prescription drugs you take may be different, or you may need better access to health care services.
- Benefits and costs can vary. Not all Medicare insurance coverage options offer the same insurance benefits. Insurance plan benefits and costs can change from year to year. If you have a Medicare insurance plan, check your Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC) to see what’s different for 2022.
- New, more affordable Medicare plans may be available. The total cost, provider network, and services offered are different between plans. Check if other insurance plan options could better meet your needs or lower your out-of-pocket costs.
If you like your current health care insurance coverage and it’s still available in 2022, you don’t need to take any action.
Shop & compare plans in your area
Compare 2022 insurance coverage options and shop for insurance plans. Get estimates of insurance costs and review insurance benefits offered by Medicare health and drug insurance plans in your area.